A Growth Group is a simple way to incorporate the most essential elements of a vital spiritual walk with Christ, in community with others who need Him to change their lives from the inside out. This is a tool for growth which encourages people to follow Christ by fueling internal motivation rather than applying external pressure. This tool empowers all Christians to accomplish the uncommon work of reproducing disciples who will reproduce others.
Here is a simple overview of what a Growth Group is:
- Groups meet once a week for approx. one hour
- Groups consist of two or three (the addition of a fourth person is the beginning of the second group and multiplication is imminent).
- The groups are not coed but gender specific.
- There is no curriculum or training involved.
Only three tasks are to be accomplished in a Growth Group:
- Sin is confessed in mutual accountability.
- Scripture is read and applied.
- Souls are prayed for strategically, specifically, and continuously.
The Growth Group is simple, yet powerful. It incorporates the values of community, internal life transformation, and reproduction of disciples.